Looking Back at the First Year at LetsVenture. 29th August 2014: Today is Ganesh Chaturthi – a Hindu festival celebrated in honor of Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles and the God of Luck and Prosperity. LetsVenture launched the beta version of the product last year on the same day. It has been a year now and a good time to reflect on the journey and what we have achieved as a team
Looking Back at the First Year at LetsVenture
29th August 2014: Today is Ganesh Chaturthi – a Hindu festival celebrated in honor of Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles and the God of Luck and Prosperity. LetsVenture launched the beta version of the product last year on the same day. It has been a year now and a good time to reflect on the journey and what we have achieved as a team.
LetsVenture started with the vision of making angel funding easy for startups, and to enable a new class of investors, with smart capital to easily engage with the ecosystem.
Sept 9th 2013 saw the beta launch – our early adopters and believers were quick to support us with feedback / inputs on everything on the platform – the UI, the UX, the functionality and features they wanted to see implemented. We saw the network effect playing out – with lot of introductions and referrals to other investors and startups. This journey would not have been easy without you! Thank you for believing in us, and our vision!
Our highlights over the year:
- We grew from 30 investors to 675 investors, from 1 to 19 countries.
- The startups registered on the platform grew from a handful to 1600+, with the numbers continuing to grow everyday.
- We closed our first startup funding within 4 months of launch. We have closed 13 startup funding since then.
- We started with offline pitching sessions every 6 weeks (thanks to MS Accelerator for providing us space and helping us with to this) to Online Pitching sessions every 2 weeks.
- We started with 1 startup funding workshop in Cochin to almost 1 workshop every month in a different city in India
- We participated into the Angel Awareness workshop with CIIE to now hosting our own Angel Awareness workshops across cities in India
- We grew out of a corner office with 5 people to a full row of cubicles with 13 employees
- Along with supporting other startup fund raise, we closed our own angel round. This is the biggest validation that our dreams did seem real to others in the ecosystem.
We want to take this moment to thank you for being part of this journey – for believing is us, and giving us the opportunity and support to continue forward. As this day marks another new year ahead, we need your continued support. We are always happy to listen to your thoughts / feedback on what we could do better. So please feel free to reach out to us!
Wishing you and your families a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!