In this episode of #LVsoundbites, we sat down with Karthee Madasamy of Qualcomm Ventures to chat about mobile architecture, frontier tech, drones, IoT, connected cars, and connected devices. Basically the path to the coolest tech-driven future. Some highlights include:
- Being at the heart of IoT, which gives him a unique perspective on Frontier Tech, which fundamentally disrupts the ecosystem.
- How mobile architecture is at the heart of innovation in Frontier Tech, like drones, IoT, connected cars, and connected devices.
- How India has taken an active part in Frontier Tech and innovating in the sector.
- How early stage investors should evaluate Frontier Tech startups before investing.
- The Frontier Tech startup needs to be addressing a significant problem, something that hasn’t yet come up, understanding the role of technology in Frontier Tech, a bit of domain expertise, even if it means gaining knowledge about it.
- The role that a digital fundraising platform like LetsVenture is playing in the startup ecosystem.
Karthee Madasamy holds a BE from Anna University, an MBA from the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago, and an MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan. Currently, he is the Managing Director at Qualcomm Ventures, and has over two decades of experience in the wireless and multimedia industries. Madasamy has early stage investing experience in the USA, India, Israel, and the South East Asia. He has led successful investments in Waze and Validity Sensors, and in verticals like mobile video, mobile internet, e-commerce, cloud, analytics, biometrics, semiconductors, multi-mode user interfaces, consumer devices, and mobile social media.
Qualcomm Ventures is the venture capital arm of Qualcomm, Inc., and to date, has invested in several startups, including 99, AirMap, Airspan, Airstrip, Amec, Bell Robotics, Bitbar, Bluestacks, Brain Corporation, Cavendish Kinetics, ClearMotion, CloudFlare, Cohesity, Doctor on Demand, Even, Farmeasy, Flirtey, Grand Cru, GWC, Housejoy, inPlug, JobPlanet, Kaleo, Loggi, M87, Magic Leap, MangoPlate, MapR, Medisafe, Ninjacart, Noom, OneWeb, OpenSignal, Pitch Deck, Portea, Scylla, Strider, Tango, Verve, WebRadar, Xiaomi, YourStory, Zeek, Zoom to name a few prominent ones.