After listening to a series of fundraising pitches in the past few weeks — in an industry forum, at a closed-door investor session, at a crowdfunding platform, at a panel in an accelerator — I have been wondering why is there no sizzle or creativity in these pitches.
- Do I sense a connection?
- Can I trust them (not just their integrity which should be a given) to execute well on what they intend to do?
- Do they know what they don’t know and willing to learn?
- How complete is the founding team, do they complement each other?
- Have they worked together in the past?
- How tenacious will they be and equally how flexible will they be when the market demands them to pivot and so on…